The phenomenon of SMS Bomber is getting well-liked as of late. There are many cellular subscribers who’re terrified by the bombardment of hundreds of textual content messages on their Mobile Phones from unknown numbers.
By defination, SMS bomber is an software which sends limitless textual content messages to a cell phone quantity, leaving the cellphone subscriber with no possibility however to modify off his/her cellphone. Deleting these messages in a while is added headache for the customers.
The attention-grabbing factor about SMS Bomber is that it doesn’t require title/cellphone quantity or something to ship messages, as an alternative it solely requires goal’s cellphone quantity – a really safe method to annoy anybody anonymously.
Very similar factor occurred to me in the present day. I acquired some 100 plus textual content messages, which truly aggravated me to the extent of investigating the foundation trigger and the working of SMS bombers.
After googling, I came upon that SMS Bomber is principally a window software with quite simple interface. This software takes a cellular quantity as enter and makes use of net companies to ship textual content messages to the required quantity.
When self examined, and intensively analyzed the community site visitors, we discovered that there have been variety of http POST requests despatched to a specific IP handle with my quantity.
How SMS Bomber Works (Our Findings):
- There are companies supplied by mobile firms on their web sites to get your cellular numbers registered, subscribe for brand spanking new companies and many others. These webpages take cellular quantity as enter – in return to which they ship textual content messages (containing PIN codes/ passwords/ confirmations and many others) to cellular numbers
- SMS Bomber takes a cellular quantity as enter
- Then posts this cellular quantity to any of mobile firms’ net pages
- Cellular firm sends relative SMS to that cellular quantity
- SMS Bomber repeats this course of a number of hundred instances, ensuing a number of hundred textual content messages delivered to the sufferer cell quantity
Tips for Cellular Companies (to Avoid SMS Bombers):
- Consider utilizing CAPTCHA
- Consider implementing strict guidelines for sending again to again repetitive SMS on similar quantity
- Restricting http POST request might be useful too
If webpages and companies are configured correctly, mobile firms can fully eliminate such annoying software.